Across the Roof of the World
 General Information
This programme documents a trip on motorbikes along the length of the Indian Himalaya. Producer/presenter Greg Grainger joins Indian motorcycle expedition leader Mike Ferris in the settlement of Gangotri, the source of the holy river Ganges then up into Ladahk - Little Tibet, and its capital Leh, then across the world’s highest road into Kashmir and the house-boat studded lakes of Srinagar..
- The inspirational snow-clad peaks of the Himalaya.
- Holy men and pilgrims in ceremonial immersions in the Ganges.
- The highest and roughest road in the world, to the Kadung La.
- Traveling through frequent landslides and crossing flooded roads.
- India’s vibrant culture, including the grass ladies, the field workers and the children.
- Sunset ceremony in the holy pilgrimage town of Rishikesh, where the Beatles came to meet their guru.
- The hitch-hikers: grass ladies, school girls, guitar-playing holy men.
- The lush Kullu Valley.
- Manali: Buddhist temple and ceremony, 5-thousand year old Hindu temple.
- Tibetan tea tent at the Barralachala Pass, our first 4,800 metre pass.
- Ladahk: high mountains, arid and eerily beautiful.
- A community of Tibetan nomads, literally living straight off the backs of their sheep.
- Historic Tibetan monasteries, including the thousand years old Thikse monastery, one of the finest examples of Tibetan buddhism in Ladakh.
- Leh: Tibetan traders with weathered faces from another era, line its ancient streets.
- The Ladahk Festival: procession of cultural troupes, dozens of diverse and different tribes, plus yak herders from Tibet, and a display of ancient archery.
- The highly sacred Mount Kailas, in Tibet and the annual Wesac ceremony.
Numerous rituals are enacted, all to placate the gods.
- The stunning Kashmir Valley and its houseboat-studded capital of Srinagar.
 Technical Specs
Video Codec: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate: 2129 KB/s
Video Aspect Ratio: 1.45:1
Video Resolution: 720 x 496
Audio Codec: FAST Multimedia AG DVM (Dolby AC3)
Audio BitRate: 192 KB/s (CBR)
Audio Channels: 2 Ch
Framerate: 25 FPS
Number Of Parts: 1
Part Size: 744 MB
Ripped by gavin63
Subtitles: No TV Cap
 Release Post
- MVGroup.org (ed2k)
- MVGroup.org (torrent)
- Norsk EselForum.org
- Phantom P2P.com
 Official Website
 Related Documentaries
- Scenic Routes Around the World
- Let It Snow
- The Story of the Turban
- Pole to Pole
- The Lost World of Tibet
- Wild China
- A Life on the Edge
- Andes - The Dragon's Back
- Around the World in 80 Treasures
- Avalanche - The White Death
- Doctors in the Death Zone
- Everest: 50 years on the mountain
- Fantastic Festivals
- Himalaya (BBC)
- Light at the Edge of the World
- China (DC)
- The Tribal Eye
- The Yogis of Tibet
- Tibet - A Buddhist Trilogy
- Tibet - Cry of the Snow Lion
- Tibet's Hidden Kingdom
- Wild India
 ed2k Links