Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
 General Information
This documentary examines the making of the critically acclaimed, multi-platinum Jimi Hendrix double album Electric Ladyland.
Televised initially on VH1 and then on PBS, the Rhino Home Video release of this program contains additional footage not seen on the TV version. The story is told using archival film clips, the diary of one of Hendrix's employees, demos, live performances, home movies, and still photos, intercut with interviews featuring bandmembers Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell, singer/keyboard player Stevie Winwood, engineer Eddie Kramer, and Hendrix's manager, Chas Chandler (in his final interview). Hendrix produced Electric Ladyland himself, and the 1968 LP contained his biggest hit -- a cover of the Bob Dylan song "All Along the Watch Tower," as well as "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)," which later covered by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Named after Hendrix's New York studio where it was recorded, Electric Ladyland featured guest performances by Buddy Miles, Steve Winwood, Jack Casady, Dave Mason, Chris Wood, and Al Cooper.
Electric Ladyland is the third and final album by the Jimi Hendrix Experience, released in 1968 on Reprise Records (see 1968 in music). Written and produced by Jimi Hendrix, the album is seen as the peak of Hendrix's mastery of the electric guitar, and is frequently cited as one of the greatest rock albums of all time. It is not only the last of his albums released as the Jimi Hendrix Experience, but also the last of Hendrix's studio albums to be professionally produced under his own supervision. After Electric Ladyland, Hendrix spent the remaining two years of his life attempting to organize a new band and recording a breadth of new songs.
- "...And the Gods Made Love"
- "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)"
- "Crosstown Traffic"
- "Voodoo Chile"
- "Little Miss Strange" (Noel Redding)
- "Long Hot Summer Night"
- "Come On (Let the Good Times Roll)"
- "Gypsy Eyes"
- "Burning of the Midnight Lamp"
- "Rainy Day, Dream Away"
- "1983... (A Merman I Should Turn to Be)"
- "Moon, Turn the Tides...Gently Gently Away"
- "Still Raining, Still Dreaming"
- "House Burning Down"
- "All Along the Watchtower"
- "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"
 Technical Specs
Video Codec: XviD 1.0.3
Video Bitrate: 1603 kbps
Video Resolution: 656x480
Video Aspect Ratio: 1.367:1
Frames Per Second: 25.000
Audio Codec: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 128kb/s CBR 48000 Hz
Audio Streams: 2
Audio Languages: English
RunTime Per Part: 59:35.440
Part Size: 741MB
Ripped by: jvt40
 Further Information
 Release Post
- MVGroup.org (ed2k)
- MVGroup.org (torrent)
- Phantom P2P.com
 Related Documentaries
- Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero
- Message to Love - The Isle of Wight Festival 1970
- The Who - Who's Next
- Stevie Wonder:Songs In The Key Of Life
- Paul Simon: Graceland
- The Police in Montserrat
- Nirvana: Nevermind
- Simply Red: Stars
- U2: The Joshua Tree
- Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Frank Zappa : Over-nite Sensation and Apostrophe
- The Doors
- Jimi Hendrix - Biography
- Heavy Metal Britannia
- Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
- Metallica - The Black Album
- Queen - The Making of 'A Night At The Opera'
- Pink Floyd - The Making of 'The Dark Side of the Moon'
- Deep Purple - Machine Head
- Jimi Hendrix: The Uncut Story
 ed2k Links