Nukes in Space - The Rainbow Bombs
 General Information
"Nukes in Space" provides an interesting overview of the development of the military space program of missiles and space-based nuclear weapons testing with spectacular, never-before-seen images.
Starting with the V-1 and V-2, this film takes you through missile development of ICBM's with nuclear warheads, the Cuban Missile Crisis through anti-ballistic missile systems and what implications the they hold for the future of our nation's security.
During the heart of the Cold War, the United States and the former Soviet Union launched and detonated a combined total of over 20 thermo nuclear weapons in the upper atmosphere and near space region of earth in an effort to test the effects of launching an offense as well as countering an offense. Even during the Cuban Missile Crisis!
Almost unknown to the public, much of the information on theses tests has been kept secret for over 35 years until recently, when newly declassified test footage and secret government documents obtained from both countries reveals everything from the ICBM to outer space testing to ABM.
From filmmaker Peter Kuran, creator of the award-winning film "Trinity and Beyond" .
Narrated by William Shatner. Music performed by the Moscow Symphony Orchestra.
 Technical Specs
- File Name ........... : Nukes.in.Space..The.Rainbow.Bombs.XviD.mp3.DVDrip.avi
- Total Size (MB) ... : 679.32 MB
- Video Length ...... : 00:53:21
- Video Codec ....... : XviD MPEG-4 codec
- Video Bitrate ...... : 1684 KB/s
- Resolution .......... : 512 x 384
- Aspect Ratio ....... : 1.33:1
- Quality Factor ..... : 0.285 B/px
- Audio Codec ....... : MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
- Audio Bitrate ...... : 96 KB/s
- Channels ............ : 2 Ch
- Sampling Rate .... : 48000 Hz
- Ripped by ........... : Unknown, uploaded to TPB by EvilAaron
- AVI Conversion by ... : l0thar.
- This version of the film was converted from TPB's Matroska format to a more standard .AVI.
- Sound on the TPB version is in Ogg Vorbis format, dual stream (second stream being the Director's Comments). Ogg streams were 78 Kb/s, 48kHz sampling.
- This version only has the Audio 1 stream, the regular film soundtrack. It was converted from the .ogg version to a 96 kb/s, 48 kHz sampling CBR MP3 file, encoded with the LAME mp3 codec.
- The original TPB file is a Matroska container, and this one uses the standard .AVI model, so it should play in any standalone DVD with XviD capability.
 Further Information
 Release Post
 Official Website
 Related Documentaries
- Command and Control
- Blackbird Stealth
- World's Biggest Bomb (PBS)
- On the Brink - Doomsday
- Area 51: I Was There
- Cold War
- The Nuclear Comeback
- To Mars by A-Bomb - The Secret History of Project Orion
- US Atomic Bomb Tests
- Hollywood's Top Secret Film Studio
- Atomic Journeys: Welcome to Ground Zero
- Trinity and Beyond - The Atomic Bomb Movie
- The Day after Trinity
- A Very British Bomb
 ed2k Links