Meltdown at Three Mile Island
 General Information
It was never supposed to happen.
At 4:00 AM on March 28, 1979, a reactor at the Three Mile Island nuclear power facility near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania suddenly overheated. A pressure valve suddenly malfunctioned, releasing radioactive gases.
What occurred next--a combination of technical failure, human error, and bad luck--would result in the worst nuclear accident in American history. For five nerve-wracking days, engineers struggled to control a runaway reactor, government officials debated whether to evacuate the area, and residents contemplated the ultimate horror of a nuclear meltdown.
Meltdown at Three Mile Island carefully re-examines step-by-step this national disaster which still haunts many Americans, and which dealt a crippling blow to the nation's nuclear power industry. Meltdown at Three Mile Island is produced by Chana Gazit (Surviving the Dust Bowl and Chicago 1968) and David Steward, and narrated by Liev Schreiber.
 Technical Specs
- File Name ........... : PBS.American.Experience.Meltdown.at.Three.Mile.Island.VHS.XviD.mp3.avi
- Total Size (MB) ... : 399.13 MB
- Video Length ...... : 00:53:16
- Video Codec ....... : XviD MPEG-4 codec
- Video Bitrate ...... : 911 KB/s
- Resolution .......... : 528 x 400
- Aspect Ratio ....... : 1.32:1
- Quality Factor ..... : 0.143 B/px
- Audio Codec ....... : MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
- Audio Bitrate ...... : 136 KB/s
- Channels ............ : 2 Ch
- Sampling Rate .... : 48000 Hz
- Ripped by ........... : VHS home recording and rip by personcult, posted at Demonoid.com.
Ripper's note : "ShopPBS no longer seems to carry this, and the cheapest tape I see on half.com or Amazon is $69. (It was never on DVD.) I thought I'd rip my old off-air tape and share."
 Release Post
 Official Website
 Related Documentaries
- Rickover: The Birth of Nuclear Power
- The Battle of Chernobyl
- The Nuclear Comeback
- Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster
- Windscale: Britain's Biggest Nuclear Disaster
- Dounreay: The Atomic Dream
 ed2k Links