The Fisherman's Apprentice
 General Information
Marine biologist Monty Halls explores the challenges facing the British fishing industry by living and working as a traditional Cornish fisherman. Cadgwith on the south coast of Cornwall is one of the last traditional fishing coves in the UK. Small boats are launched off the beach as they have been since Medieval times. Marine biologist Monty Halls travels down to Cadgwith to live and work as a fisherman, to find out what's really involved in getting seafood onto our plates. As his apprenticeship continues, he learns more about the situation facing our traditional fishing fleet.
1. Marine biologist Monty Halls travels down to Cadgwith to live and work as a fisherman.
2. Monty Halls finds out making a living as an inshore fisherman is harder than he thought.
3. Monty Halls heads out to work on the biggest crabber on the coast, the Harvester.
4. Monty works for eight solid days and nights on a 90ft deep-sea trawler.
5. Having seen the problems UK fishermen face, Monty sets out to look for solutions.
6. Monty Halls asks the fishermen to consider new ways of working.
 Technical Specs
- Video Codec: x264 CABAC High@L3.1
- Video Bitrate: 1600Kbps
- Video Resolution: 1024x576
- Video Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Frames Per Second: 25
- Audio Codec: HE-AAC
- Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbps ABR 48KHz
- Audio Channels: 2
- Run-Time: 59 mins
- Framerate: 25 FPS
- Number Of Parts: 6
- Part Size: 730 MB
- Source: HDTV
- Encoded by: JungleBoy
 Further Information
 Release Post
 Related Documentaries
- Welcome to Hull: City of Culture
- L'estuaire de la Seine
- Morlaix, Roscoff, Plymouth: Douce Manche
- The Art of Fly Fishing
- Trawlermen's Lives
- QE2: The Final Voyage
- Captain Cook: The Man Behind the Legend
- The Boats That Built Britain (BBC)
- Digital Widescreen Test Transmission (BBC)
- Trawlermen: Series 1
- Somewhere at Sea
- Back at Sea
- The London Markets
- Fishermans Friends
- Shanties and Sea Songs
- The Wrecking Season
- The Art of Cornwall
- Art of the Sea
- Britain's Secret Seas
- Extreme Fishing: Series 1
- Sea Fever
- Touring Britain
- Great Barrier Reef (BBC)
 ed2k Links
BBC.The.Fishermans.Apprentice.1of6.576p.HDTV.x264.AAC.MVGroup.org.mkv (730.12 Mb) Subtitles: [eng]
BBC.The.Fishermans.Apprentice.2of6.576p.HDTV.x264.AAC.MVGroup.org.mkv (730.17 Mb) Subtitles: [eng]
BBC.The.Fishermans.Apprentice.3of6.576p.HDTV.x264.AAC.MVGroup.org.mkv (730.09 Mb) Subtitles: [eng]
BBC.The.Fishermans.Apprentice.4of6.576p.HDTV.x264.AAC.MVGroup.org.mkv (730.10 Mb) Subtitles: [eng]
BBC.The.Fishermans.Apprentice.5of6.576p.HDTV.x264.AAC.MVGroup.org.mkv (730.12 Mb) Subtitles: [eng]
BBC.The.Fishermans.Apprentice.6of6.576p.HDTV.x264.AAC.MVGroup.org.mkv (729.25 Mb) Subtitles: [eng]